
Have my jewel box sewed together (not pressed) and need help. I was planning an applique border but I think it will be too busy so am trying to figure out something different. It measure 72 by 84 now and I would like it to be about 88 or 90 wide when its finished.
A dreary morning here- I think it will rain- had storms last night but we didn't have damage so were lucky -1.75 in. of rain. My garden is still producing so am sharing it.
Have a happy sewing day.
7 comments:
This quilt is beautiful - love all the colours. An applique border would be too much, I think keeping it simple with a narrow white border would look nice. Just an idea.
ooough your swap blocks look FANTASTIC! I got mine sewn together then realized I needed to make several more blocks (another row on the top and side) and then never got around to making them yet...
I blogged about it here and showed my plan for my boarder. I don't want a piano key boarder... but really like this one that I found while looking at photos of Jewel Box...
hope the link works for you - http://bingobonnie.blogspot.com/2010/03/not-even-close.html
Love from Texas! ~bonnie
Just lovely....maybe a piano key border?
Sorry to agree withthe others but a narrow border of white with ppiano key or 4 patch border would be my choice.
Love and hugs Gina xxx
How about a white border and a colored border carrying the 4 patches out into the corners? What does a corner look like?
I have no clue or idea what to do, as I am not strong in that area ... but wanted to let you know I LOVE the jewel box top you did! Makes me wish I would've gotten in on that Crazy swap! Thanks for sharing the great pic... and I look forward to hearing what you did with this! :)
I came back here to see what you have decided about a border. :)
Post a Comment