
Would you call these quilts vintage?? : ) About 30 years ago my DH had serious surgery and was in a body cast for 6 months. On one side the cast was down to his knee and he couldn't do a thing. I had lots of double knit so I had him cut squares- everyone was giving him fabric. I made 2 big quilts and put the rest away- until now. I am sewing them together for full size quilts or throws. Haven't decided how to finish them but am thinking maybe with polar fleece. My college grandkids are wanting them when they are finished. This is a sample of one.
7 comments:
Now that is awesome...memories in those quilts.
What a great project for someone in a body cast. There were no Accuquilt cutters back then either!!!!
They will be good and warm when you finish them. Trish
I can see why your grandkids would want them...nice, warm and cuddly! Nola
I love it...It is a wonderful project!
Micki
And I remember he made us rugs too! Still have mine. :-) Great start to a warm quilt!
How neat - and I love the idea of polar fleece on the back - so warm and snuggly!
Post a Comment